From the Vancouver Sun:
Vancouver (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks made their first trade deadline splash of the season yesterday, offering to trade Henrik Sedin, Alexander Edler and a first-round draft pick in 2007 to HC Bili Tygri Liberec of the Czech Extraliga for legend L'ubomir Vaic.
Unfortunately the deal fell apart at the last minute.
"We felt it was a good deal for our team," insisted Canucks general manager Dave Nonis. "Lubo is a strong player. Don't let size fool you. It's how you use it that counts."
Other Orca Bay staff members in Vancouver weren't as impressed. "I honestly don't know what the fu#* Nonis was thinking," confided a long-time staff member, under condition of anonymity. "Lubo is a 'superstar'? Is our GM out of his fu#*ing mind? And what's all this about Lubo's 'size'? You'd better believe Nonis' wife was concerned."
Arriving at Vancouver International Airport late last night, Vaic immediately heard the bad news from his agent. He will be returning to Liberic this afternoon.
Asked for his feelings about missing yet another opportunity to play in the NHL, Vaic responded, "I really would have liked to try those new jerseys. Pretty fu#*ing cool."

5 comments:
I can't find either article on the Vancouver Sun web site.
Something's fishy.
I heard some PletkaforLuongoandNaslund. But that is top-secret...
Have you ever thought about getting a "Yo! Vaic!" tattoo, like the Canucks and Beyond chick?
It is very fishy, But Fan. There is something suspicious about news of Lubo in Canada. They seem to make it disappear very quickly. But while they try to keep Lubo down, I use my trusty Google Alerts to pick up the news as fast as I see it.
Pletka Fan needs a lobotomy. That chick may be an Official Supporter of Lubo, but that doesn't mean she's not a goddamn moron sometimes.
But maybe a "VF for LV" tattoo? That could work.
I've yet to see anything about Lubo's transfer to Sparta Praha here. What's going on?
Post a Comment