Sunday, February 25, 2007

BREAKING LUBO NEWS!

Vaic fans have been asking, what happened to the Vaic Fan? I will tell you all about my difficult journey back to you in the next post. It is a story filled with great moments, fueled by Finnish beer.

In short, my New Years Eve celebrations went a bit longer than I planned.

Meanwhile HUGE BREAKING LUBO NEWS!

From the Vancouver Sun:

Vancouver (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks made their first trade deadline splash of the season, trading Henrik Sedin, Alexander Edler and their first-round draft pick in 2007 to HC Bili Tygri Liberec of the Czech Extraliga.

In return, the Canucks get superstar center L'ubomir Vaic.

"We needed a presence at center this post-season," said Canucks general manager Dave Nonis. "It was a lot to give up, but I think it's worth it. Plus, the fan interest this will spark, the jerseys we'll sell -- Lubo has a big fan base. I think Vancouver fans will be just fine when they see him skating around with the Cup. It's almost as tall as he is!"

"I don't think Nonis realizes that he could have just SIGNED Vaic," chortled Liberec general manager Ctibor Jech, in Czech. "He's a free agent. But hell, I'm not gonna be the one to tip him off. True, we can't use the pick -- they won't let us participate in your goddamn North American draft -- but that just made it seem more realistic. Drinks all around! They're on me, boys!"

No comments: